On Saturday, March 16, 2019, Alvin Lawrence Sunshine (DOB: 1991-07-21) was located by RCMP and arrested without incident at a residence on the Ochapowace First Nation. He is charged with the following offences in relation to a kidnapping that was reported to have occurred at a rural property south of Melville on July 12 of last year:
· Break and enter to commit kidnapping as per Sec. 348(1)(b) of the Criminal Code (CC);
· Use a firearm to commit kidnapping as per Sec. 279(1.1)(a.1) CC;
· Using a firearm to commit robbery as per Sec. 344(1)(a.1) CC;
· Disguise with intent as per Sec. 351(2) CC
· Three counts of theft as per Sec. 334(b) CC
He will appear in Yorkton Provincial Court on Tuesday, March 19 at 9:30 a.m.