Grasslands News Group welcomes the submission of news stories, photos, letters or any other information that would be of interest to the readers of any of our newspapers. Below are guidelines for various submissions:
News or sports stories
If you or someone you know has been involved in an event you think is newsworthy, please include your name and contact information (either a daytime telephone number or e-mail address). Please send the information in a timely manner following the event. Remember to include as much pertinent information, including the following:
- WHO was involved?
- WHAT was the event?
- WHEN did the event occur?
- WHERE did the event occur?
- WHY was the event important?
All the information that goes with a news story should also accompany photos. Your digital photos are more likely to be included in the newspaper if the following guidelines are followed:
- Set digital cameras at the highest resolution possible. We realize it takes longer to e-mail larger files, but print requires a higher resolution than the web.
- Get in close - we like to see smiling faces.
- Try to get dynamic photos of something happening - not simply a snapshot.
- Large group photos typically do not work well. If taking photos of a group activity, submit several photos of individuals or small groups, and we''ll select the ones to print.
- Please include the names of all the people in each photo. Identify from left to right and from front to back.
- Non-digital photos can be brought to our office, and we will scan and return the photo while you are there.
Letters to the Editor
When sending letters, please include your name and contact information (either a daytime telephone number or e-mail address). Letters should be limited to approximately 300 words. Deadline is noon Tuesday at noon for publication in the next week's issue of the paper. Letters must include the name of the writer but upon request, can have the name withheld from appearing in the newspaper or online.
To submit a photo, news or a letter to the editor, click here.