Nursing home fire call - The Whitewood Fire Department was dispatched to the Whitewood Community Health Centre on Tuesday after the fire alarm and a sprinkler were activated inside the laundry room of the long term care facility. Firefighters and maintenance personnel were able to eventually locate the origin of the problem, a sprinkler inside the ceiling that had frozen causing the activation of the sprinkler onto lights and wiring.

Frozen pipe sets off ceiling sprinkler and fire alarm in long term care facility Whitewood Fire Department (WFD) was called to the Whitewood Community Health Centre on Tuesday morning to respond to a possible fire in the long-term care facility.The call came in on Feb. 9 at about 10:15 a.m. after a sprinkler in the […]

» To read the full story, you will need a subscription. Please click the subscriptions tab in the menu to proceed.