Two youths die from carbon monoxide poisoning

On Tuesday, July 9, 2019, at approximately 1:40 p.m., Prince Albert RCMP responded to a report of two unresponsive youths, a 12 year-old male and 13 year-old female, at a residence in a recreational community in the Prince Albert RCMP Detachment area. The youths were cousins and their families say they were the best of friends.  They were visiting the residence with family members.

 

Fire and EMS were dispatched and on scene prior to RCMP arriving; EMS reported the youths were deceased upon their arrival.

 

Preliminary investigation indicates that the deaths are the result of carbon monoxide poisoning and the deaths are not considered suspicious.

 

No one else present at the residence required medical treatment; they were assessed by EMS and released.

 

The Saskatchewan Coroner’s Service is investigating.